TranScreen, the famous transgender film festival, comes back to Nijmegen in 2016. The collaboration between the TranScreen group and the Trangendergroup Nijmegen will bring you a day full of trans* movies and discussions. On Saturday 28 May, with two afternoon short films sessions and a movie in the evening, at the Klinker, Van Broeckhuysenstraat 46, Nijmegen.
14:30 – 15:00 Doors open
15:00 – 16:30 Short films, block 1
– TransAnders, 28′ – Kim Bakker (Dutch, English subtitles). Director Kim Bakker will introduce this film herself.
– Change over Time, 7’– Ewan Duarte (English, no subtitles)
– Teagan, ‘3– Igor Coric & Sheldon Lieberman (English, no subtitles)
– My Genderation, various lengths – directed by Lewis Hancox and & Fox Fisher – starring Nathan, Maki, Alice (English, no subtitles)
– Escaping into Common Places, having Gothic Adventures in the Neoclassical and Other Ages. Or: My Life is Framed by You – Mijke van der Dift, Alex Reuter (English, no subtitles)
17:00 – 18:30 Short films, block 2
– A place in the middle, 25’– D. Hamer & J. Wilson (English & Hawaiian, partly English subtitles).
– Genderless Jellyfish, 3’– Coral Short (English, no subtitles)
– Brace, 24’– Sophy Holland & Alicya Eyo (English, no subtitles)
19:00 – 20:30 Diner
20:30 – 21:30 Feature film FITRAH. A documentary about the dilemmas of LHBT/queer muslims who look for space to examine their sexual orientation, gender identity and faith.
22:00 Afterparty, with dj’s and live show by C. Love detectives!
Date: Saturday 28 May
Time: 14:30 tot 22:00
Address: the Klinker, Van Broeckhuysenstraat 46, Nijmegen
Cost: all films are free. Dinner is 6 euro, make reservations at De Klinker (full=full)